Guided and Self Guided Tour Terms and Conditions (Not Bike Hire T&C's)
Terms and Conditions for guided and unguided tours.
- haggistours.co.uk is a trading name of Haggis Tours Partnership, a company registered in Scotland at 46 Provost Smith Crescent,Inverness IV2 3TG.
- These terms and conditions apply to all guided and unguided tours.
- At the time of booking a tour, a deposit of 10% or £500 must be paid whichever is greater. Deposits are refundable if cancellation is made within six months of the tour commencement date. Cancellation with less than six months notice will not entitle the customer to a refund but, at its discretion, Haggis Tours may permit the deposit to be transferred to another of its tours with a commencement date within 12 months of the original tour commencement date.
- The balance of the tour price must be paid no later than six weeks before the tour commencement date. If the balance of the tour price is not paid by the required date, Haggis Tours may, at their discretion, cancel the tour and retain the deposit.
- Cancellation by the customer will be subject to the following levels of refund: Within six weeks of the tour commencement date: no refund but Haggis Tours will use its reasonable endeavours to recover from its suppliers any payments made and will refund these to the customers as and when it receives them subject to an administration fee of £100; more than six weeks but less than eight weeks of the tour commencement date: 50% refund of the tour price; more than eight weeks but less than six months of the tour commencement date a refund of all amounts paid less the tour deposit which is subject to paragraph 3 above; and more than six months of the tour commencement date a full refund.
- Once a tour has commenced, no refund will be made if the customer curtails the tour or, for any other reason, does not complete the tour.
- The customer may request amendments to the tour and Haggis Tours will use its reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests and will inform the customer of any additional costs or other changes to the tour which are required. Any such costs will be paid by the customer before the commencement of the tour.
- All accommodation provided will be provided in accordance with the tour proposal made by Haggis Tours to the customer and all other services and tour information will be set out in that proposal, any charges for damages etc to accommodation and utilities will remain the responsibility of the person(s) utilising the room/facility in question. Haggis Tours will not be responsible or liable where aspects of the tour are not available due to the acts of its suppliers or due to mechanical breakdown or adverse weather conditions.
- Haggis Tours will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the tour is provided in accordance with the tour proposal. Circumstances may occur which are beyond its control whereby this is not possible. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) war, threat of war, civil unrest, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical issues with transport, closure of ports, airports or other transport infrastructure, terrorism, fire, volcanic activity, flood or other adverse weather and natural or nuclear disaster. In the event of the occurrence of such circumstances no refund or compensation will be payable and the tour may be cancelled or curtailed. Customers will be responsible for their own costs including meals, accommodation and transportation.
- Haggis Tours will not be liable for any personal injury, death or illness howsoever caused unless due to its gross negligence.
- Haggis Tours liability for loss, damage or other financial penalty due to its acts will be limited to the tour price.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the Law of Scotland and the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- Haggis Tours and the customer accept that communications via email will be accepted by both parties as binding where agreement is indicated.